As of August 1, 2023, HUV Program enrollees have demonstrated:
Note – The HUV program is admitting occasional patients during a psychiatric hospital admission, but their data is only considered post-discharge from said admission.
Community Engagement Statistics for July 2023:
The Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Development Services (DBHDS) has contracted with CBCS to launch the High Utilizers of Virginia (HUV) program. The HUV program launched Dec 1, 2021 in Northern Virginia.
The program emphasizes:
- Improved enrollee care.
- Decreased duplication of care efforts across the healthcare community.
- Reduction in mental health admissions amongst enrollees.
- Reduction in general hospital admissions amongst enrollees.
- Reduction in ED visits amongst enrollees.
- Reductions in cost of care amongst enrollees.
HUV program staff work closely will all existing resources that connect with our common patients. HUV staff do not perform clinical duties, nor do we intend to replace any existing resources. Our goal is to serve as a glue that helps fill in the gaps of care that currently exist for patients, and to help make existing resources more effective in their efforts.